My eldest turned 3 last Sunday, sigh*…this little bub that used to be so happy with just milk and fresh diapers now knows how to operate his Dad’s ipad. We had mee suah for dinner, actually I think this was more for hubster than my son cause he’s contented to have just cake.
I was contemplating whether or not to bake a cake but that would mean I need to do frosting. No birthday cake is a cake without frosting for him because what he likes to do is cut the cake and then have the first lick of the frosting. Since I’ve never done frosting before, we ended up buying a small cake.
Trying to have my son to pose for a picture is like trying to get a sheep to voluntarily stand still for a shearing.
Best is grab and shoot….
My son….the rascal, restless, active, hyper and high-pitched toddler is a handful but I am thankful for the precious 3 years that we have had and will still have among other things;
I am thankful that;
1. My son is always smiling, that is one trait that he was born with. Even as a bub he was laughing and smiling all the time like it was the most natural thing in the world. And he’s not afraid of strangers except those with dreadlocks (don’t ask why).
2. He likes company but sometimes doesn’t know how to react in a acceptable behaviour so he does his things to attract attention, but he’s hardly one to shy away with people around.
3. My son displays immense confidence and courage (that I’m sure this is coupled with the fact that he don’t know any better most of the time), unless he is really hurt or feels actual pain, he would pick himself up and try again.
4. He is generous with kisses and hugs.
5. He is strong and healthy.
6. He is resourceful and would try to look for ways to solve a problem.
7. He has a good appetite for a toddler (and believe me, I am REALLY thankful for this, I have had other Moms’ telling me sob stories about how difficult it was to feed their kids). He generally eats everything put before him. He doesn’t beg for food but will stand next to you with his mouth wide open if he wants something, as if waiting for you to feed him…nuff said.
8. Everyday when his father comes home from work, he would stand at the door to greet him with hugs without being told to.
9. He loves other children.
10. He adores animals.
11. He is bright and imaginative.
12. He is not shy to break into a dance move.
Here’s to 3 wonderful years and many more adventures to come for him.